Friday, March 03, 2006

Sweaters For Men

I know that the percentage of women who knit is far higher than the percentage of men who knit, but, men still need sweaters and it is nearly impossible to find patterns for men's sweaters that don't look like the ones the step-father wore in 'The Santa Clause" if you know what I mean!

That's why I was pleased enough to fork out the $35.00 bucks US yesterday when I visited my LYS (Local Yarn Shop) for this book. It has some nicely shaped garments and some beautifully illustrated colorways (not that I intend to follow the colorways, but they are inspiring all the same).

The book is by Tricoter and is titled 'Simply Beautiful SWEATERS FOR MEN' Linden Phelps and Beryl Hiatt.

This book is full of garments designed by women, knit by women and published by women (you know I have nothing against women, but, guys we need to organize a project of goods for men designed by men who would wear them after they have been made, don't ya think?).

3 Comments:

Blogger Fru Dart said...

Hi. Just wanted to show you a Norwegian site with lots of free patterns. (Don't worry, the patterns are in English ;-)

http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/kategori_oversikt.php

9:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, I know that this post is a couple of years old but I wanted to add that the authors of this book have been teaching me at their store, Tricote. They are great resources.

5:17 PM  
Blogger White + Warren said...

Something to look forward to, such a great idea. You can try visit our page White + Warren for more knitwear design for men and etc. Thanks !

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home